Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What are the chances

Ok the Bruins lost game seven but I have a funny pre- game seven story. My friend and I decided to check out the pre Boston Marathon festivities. As we are walking home and she spots a man wearing a Yale Hockey jersey and yells to him "Chris Higgins" … he walks towards us and says he is his Godfather .... after a few laughs he went on to say that Montreal will win game seven and Chris will have 35 goals next year… So far he was correct on game seven. We knew this was going to be a bad omen for the Bruins.
By the way my friend correctly pointed out that Higgins was in the middle of a fight during a game between the Sioux and Yale a few years back…. .. She is so SMART…….

2 comments:

SiouxFanInBoston said...

I remember that brawl! It broke out right in front of me at the "Whale" (Yale's world-renowned hockey arena, which is in the shape of a whale and considered an architectural splendor). Eight players were thrown out of the game and received suspensions for their next games, too (four from each team). Fortunately, Matt Jones (who appeared to have been injured from a hit by Higgins) was okay, and the Sioux broke the game wide open afterwards, winning 7-3. I don't remember what the Sioux team thought about it after watching the tape, but the Yale contention thought Higgins had done nothing wrong.

Here are a couple website addresses where there are recaps of that game from the '02 - '03 season, I believe (sorry, I'm not proficient in creating links yet in a blog):

http://www.yaleherald.com/article-p.php?Article=1380

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/5726

I wonder if any other Sioux fans were at this game and remember the fracas?

SiouxFanInBoston said...

I just wanted to add that I'm not a fan of fighting in college hockey (and I don't like it much in the pros, either - although I realize it's just part of the game there). It was really disturbing to watch all of the players go at it at Yale - but interesting to see where Chris Higgins ended up, which obviously is in a very good place producing at Montreal.