Thursday, December 31, 2009

My thoughts on Matt Frattin

I’m glad to see Matt Frattin back with the Sioux. A kid trying to go to college deserves a second chance. What Matt did was wrong and he was punished in many ways; including a suspension from the Team. It now appears that Frattin has worked hard to get an opportunity for a second chance.

Some are suggesting this may be a desperate move by Hakstol; I don’t see it that way. I truly believe that Hakstol feels based on Frattin’s actions during the time away from the team he deserves a second chance. I also see it as a very smart move with Frattin. With Genoway out indefinitely and other injuries to the team it opens up a spot with an opportunity to see if Frattin is truly ready to make the commitment to the team, on as well as off the ice.

My thoughts are it’s better to find out now, during the second half of this season, if Frattin is committed, than halfway into next year when your options to bring in new talent would be limited vs. the beginning of the season.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Frattin makes the commitment to himself and it works out, but he must understand that he is “under a microscope” and the success or failure of his return is all up to him.

Let’s Go Sioux!!!!!

1 comment:

Eric J. Burton said...

I agree with you on that. I think the people that think it was a desperate move don't know hockey very well.