Monday, December 29, 2008

One step forward, two losses back

Let's just face it. For a moment late in the first half of this season we started to believe that the Sioux were not an average hockey team, just misunderstood. All that came painfully crashing down this past weekend. After what I like to call bloody Sunday (more on that later), the Sioux season was definitely put into perspective. It's confirmed - the Sioux might just be an average hockey team. Back-to-back losses to Michigan State (a team which had not won in 12 games) and WCHA bottom dweller Michigan Tech, while only scoring two goals all weekend, means the Sioux are just average. The Sioux have left no room for error for the rest of the season-- translation, the only hope for post-season play will be to win the Broadmoor Trophy.

As for "bloody Sunday," this is what I had to deal with this weekend -- the Sioux GLI disaster, a Patriots win but still no playoff berth, and the Dallas fiasco (I have also been a Cowboys fan since I was 10). Thankfully, there were two bright spots - the 1st place Bruins winning #8 in a row, and Team USA beating the Czech Republic (not as convincingly as we'd like, but a win is a win). Speaking of hockey and football, I'll leave you with one last funny thought: what do the Sioux and the Detroit Lions have in common? Neither of them can win in Detroit.

3 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

Check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zpKXfOP2gY

Bring a smile to my face. :)

SIOUX/BUFan said...

I had chills watching it! That was great!

Eric J. Burton said...

It brought tears of joy to my eyes. I think this is going to be a good year.