Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Beanpot Recap

Congratulations to BU for winning their 29th Beanpot! I had a great time, and here are some of my best and worst moments of this year's 57th Beanpot.

Best Dressed:
SiouxFaninBoston and I get the best dressed – we were wearing Sioux Jerseys

Worst Dressed:
The Gopher fan wearing the M jersey who was put on the big screen.

Best Chant:
Goes to Harvard - They began chanting, “You can’t count," at the BC Band after the band began to play three blind mice as the four officials took the ice.

Worst Moment:
Scott Hansen, one of the referees for the championship game was hit in the face with the puck and needed to leave the game.

Most Unusual Moment:
During the consolation game the Harvard fans (i.e., the band) “out chanted” the 3 and 1/2 BC fans in attendance . I guess the BC fans decided to stay home and watch 24.

Best Chance Meeting:
We met a couple who just moved to Boston from East Grand Forks and they were happy to see us in our Sioux Jerseys.

Worst Chance Meeting:
We met three Gopher fans.

Worst Comments:
Go Irish! (referring to our Sioux Jerseys) or, "Did you know [so in so], he played for Sioux City?"

Most Unexpected Moment(s):
BU's three shorthanded goals.

Best Fan Reaction:
BU fans cheered during the post game activities for Northeastern and Brad Thiessen as he won the Eberly award for best save percentage of the tournament.

Best Showmanship:
Northeastern - When the championship game was over, they stood at the blue line and watched BU raise the Beanpot during the post game festivities.

Most Interesting Post-Beanpot Situation:
When BU gets back to Agganis to raise the Beanpot banner, guess who they will be playing,… you guessed it - Northeastern.

Worst Post-Beanpot Situation:
Now that the Beanpot is over, College Hockey will go from front and center in Boston to the abyss – as the Red Sox are ever so close to spring training.

I still like the Beanpot and I'm already looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First round Beanpot matchups next year will be BC/Harvard and BU/NU. I'm sure everyone will root for a Harvard/NU final, since absolutely no one wanted BU to win this year . . . or ever again.

SIOUX/BUFan said...

Thanks - Better to have a BU BC final since NU and Harvard have never played each other in the finals.

joen05 said...

I think I was sitting behind you for the third period... because I was removed from my seats after 30 minutes (game time). I was gonna say hi, but I wasn't sure!

-Joe

Let's Go Terriers