Saturday, November 14, 2009

UND 4 St Cloud 2

What I liked about the game:
  • The play of David Toews
  • Joe Gleason's save
  • Ben Blood's assist on Lamoureux's goal
What I did not like about the game:
The hit on Chay Genoway.

After reviewing the hit again, in my opinion, this was clearly intentional and could have been avoided. St. Cloud, WCHA and all of College Hockey need to put a stop to this. If they don't the individual Teams will.

Aaron Marvin should be suspended for multiple games. I would send a message to all of college hockey not only implement a suspension, but Marvin should not be able to return to St Cloud until Genoway is back playing with UND and then Marvin can sit out for his suspension.

This would send a message - hurt an opposing team player intentionally and you will be out for the same amount of time, if not more.

2 comments:

Keekee B. said...

Guess you got your revenge. Hope it feels good. I prayed for the St. Cloud State players in church today. Yah that's right I'm a Christian unlike the UND fans who were at the St. Cloud game yesterday (2-13) who were calling for blood. Guess they got lost on their way to the Roman Colliseum. Made a real good impression. Especially on former alumni such as myself. I will sure avoid recommending UND for prospective students. You will never be Minnesota Nice. Just Cold as Ice.

SIOUX/BUFan said...

I can't speak for the UND fans that were at the game. But you seem to miss my point. It is not about revenge but fairness. Why is Aaron Marvin still playing why Chay Genoway is not. My point is Marvin should not be playing until Chay comes back and then at that time he can serve his suspension. If this rule was in place none of this revenge stuff would have happened.